Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its wider Application and to enhance Capacity Development(TADA-CD). To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK.
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmer’s fields
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies
- To work as knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sectors in improving the agricultural economy of the district
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers
In addition, KVK would produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, and livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identity and document selected farm innovations and coverage with ongoing schemes and programmes within the mandate of KVK.